Thursday, March 17, 2011

Some new vintage finds and makeover next week

I got this at the thrift store for 68 cents! It's metal and in really great shape. I thought it would look cute displayed for Christmas. It looks all campy and homey. It's doesn't take much to make me happy.






I told you I'm obsessed with silver plate. This set is cloudy? I am just getting into silverplate and I am not sure what this is? I have a Williams Rogers set that I got really tarnished and it cleaned up fine. But this set is not stamped and a lot lighter so probably a cheaper version but still silverplate. I scrubbed some of the cloudiness with baking soda and water and it seemed like it came off but it took a lot of elbow grease. The set only cost me $7.00 so I figured I could work on it. Next week I am planning a makeover of my oldest child's room. She is going to the beach for spring break with a friend and their family. While she is gone I am redoing her room. How lucky is she to be lying on the beach while I clean and paint? Anyway, I will be showing before and after how that is going next week. Have a great day!

2 comments:

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Hi Amy:) I read that you were new to blogging. Well WELCOME to blogland where you will meet some of the nicest, sincerest, creative, loving,funny and inspirational people you never knew existed. It is a whole new world. I love it and the friends I have made. Just remember to have fun with it because that is what it is all about:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your tea set is just divine. I can't wait to see your daughter's bedroom makeover. Bring on the pics!!